Due to the award of a number of significant projects, Bond Bryan are seeking talented Architectural Technologists or suitably qualified Technicians, to join their creative and dynamic studios in both London and Kent.
Bond Bryan have huge ambitions and, therefore, wish to welcome talented individuals looking to make progress within an enthusiastic team. We would welcome applications – from Junior Technicians/Technologists through to experienced candidates. Salary will be dependent on experience; we also offer 25 days holiday, private healthcare, pension scheme, critical illness cover and life insurance.
The successful applicant will work directly with the Studio Director and the team of project architects – collating, organising, investigating and producing technical information for use during the development of the project design.
You will demonstrate a strong portfolio of residential and public-sector projects and possess strong technical abilities; below are listed the key areas and responsibilities involved:
Developing the Architectural Design
• Collating and organising technical information.
• Investigating technical information and factors that affect projects – including
client requirements, site/building surveys and regulatory requirements.
• Producing all information necessary to submit Applications to relevant
• Preparing and presenting design proposals using our BIM authoring software,
ArchiCAD – training will be provided.
Preparing detail design and production information
• Preparing and presenting detailed design proposals using ArchiCAD.
• Advising the Project Architect regarding the programming of deliverables.
• Contributing to the detailed design process and coordinating detailed design
information with the Design Team.
• Preparing specifications, using NBS, for construction work.
• Preparing drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals.
• Attending co-ordination meetings, recording minutes and preparing any associated
• Contributing to design-stage risk assessments.
Contract Management/Construction on site
• Making site visits and recording findings of site inspections.
• Obtaining and evaluating tenders with Architect and QS before sign-off.
• Attending meetings, recording minutes and preparing associated documentation.
• As required by the Contractor, preparing and presenting construction details using
our BIM authoring software, ArchiCAD.
• Assisting with the production of ‘As Built drawings’ using our BIM authoring
•Adhering to Bond Bryan’s internal policies, e.g. Quality Assurance etc.
• Being a member of CIAT (TCIAT) or in the process of becoming a member
(Senior mentor program with BIAT members).
• Undertaking structured Continued Professional Development (CPD)
If you are interested in this position, please send an email with covering letter, CV and portfolio (including some of your detailed drawings) explaining why you are the right candidate for the role to:
Geoff Halliwell, Director (London)
Jeff Stibbons, Director (Kent)
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Bond Bryan are open to all. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
This post has been viewed 359 times.